Film Society of the Year Awards 2013
BFFS is delighted to announce that the Film Society of the Year Awards 2013 is now open for applications. Whether you’re a new group, or an established award winner, we’d love to see an application from your film society, or community cinema. Now in their 44th year, the awards are an important BFFS tradition which help us showcase the important work that community cinemas do while rewarding dedicated volunteers.
This year there are 11 award categories to apply for, including the Filmbank Audience Award, which comes with a cash prize of £1000 for the winner. Also new this year is the BFFS Film Society Film of the Year Award, in which we will reward the film you and your audience vote to be the best film of the 2012/2013 season.
To maximise your chances of success, take a good look at this year's guidance notes, as they explain how to apply and how to best structure your application, as well as insights into how the judges will assess your entry.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Use a separate application form for each category you apply for. This really helps us to process your application quickly.
- If you are applying for the Engholm Prize, you must support your entry with at least two applications in other categories.
- Please submit a supporting statement for each category you apply for.
- There is no need to use an application form for the Filmbank Audience Award, or the BFFS Film Society Film of the Year Award. Simply mail your responses to email@example.com
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY:
- The deadline for applications is 8th August 2013
- The Film Society of the Year Awards ceremony will take place on the afternoon of Sunday 22 September 2013 at the BFI Southbank.
Electronic applications are encouraged (this enables easier access to your applications by the judging panel), but please also submit hard copies of any relevant supporting materials (i.e. programmes, posters, educational resources etc).
Please don’t hesitate to contact BFFS on 0114 2210314 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions at all.
Best of luck!